How to Apply
To apply, send a brief letter to the Executive Director describing the organization and the work for which funds are being sought, along with a budget and evidence of tax-exempt status. If the activity falls within the current scope of the Foundation’s interests, the applicant will be asked to supply additional information as required.
The Foundation board meets once a year. Initial letters of inquiry must be received before September 1st.
Should we decline to support a proposal, we ask applicants to wait at least one year before reapplying for any purpose.
Please note that the Foundation does not generally provide funds for:
- capital building projects
- grants to individuals
- scholarships or internships (except as part of a program)
- direct service programs, especially when outside New York City
- projects that are local in focus and unlikely to be replicated
- continuing or general support
- projects and organizations that are international in scope or purpose
- biomedical research