AIDS remains a significant concern of the Ittleson Foundation. Our commitment to supporting cutting-edge prevention efforts remains strong. As in all our current areas of interest, innovative initiatives that involve more than one program area are encouraged.
We are particularly interested in new model, pilot, and demonstration efforts:
- addressing the needs of underserved at-risk populations and especially those programs recognizing the overlap between such programs
- responding to the challenges facing community-based AIDS service organizations and those organizations addressing systemic change
- providing meaningful school-based sex education
- making treatment information accessible, available and easily understandable to those in need of it
- addressing the psycho-social needs of those infected and affected by AIDS, especially adolescents